Finance Supervisor (Maternity Cover)
This position is on a fixed term contract, for maternity cover commencing January 2021, for 12 – 15 months. For the duration of this contract, it is a full-time position, 40 hrs per week, Monday to Friday.
This role reports to the Finance Manager.
ClubWise is a market leader in the UK and Australia and is used by over 900 customers. ClubWise integrates Club Management Software, Direct Debit Collection Services, Marketing, Referral Management and Retention Services, in a single, cloud-based solution, delivering tangible benefits to the Fitness and Leisure Industry.
As Finance Supervisor you will be responsible for assisting the Finance Manager with the day to day supervising members of the finance team and ensuring that all daily and monthly finance related activities for ClubWise are completed in accordance with the monthly finance schedule.
You will be responsible for managing debtors, maintaining accurate data in Sage and managing the Accounts Email inbox on a daily basis.
You will be responsible for the reconciliation of multi-currency bank accounts for ClubWise UK and our Australian subsidiary company.
You will ensure that processes are strictly followed so that financial data is accurately reported in our accounting systems to facilitate the production of our monthly management accounts, recommending improvements to these processes and creating additional controls as required.
You will be responsible for managing the accurate monthly invoicing of customers.
You will be responsible for completing of our UK VAT and Australian GST returns on a quarterly basis, and provide assistance in respect technical accounting and VAT specific customer support.
You will be responsible for the monthly disbursement of client funds through BACS payment scheduling
You will support the Finance Manager in ensuring that ClubWise financial operations are compliant in accordance with the regulations and requirements of the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and provide input to Anti-Money Laundering Checks and FCA data submissions as required.
You will stay current on the latest Industry and Compliance requirements, including the completion of any FCA mandatory training.
You will provide input to the cash flow forecasting process ensuring that all planned expenditure is captured and incorporated into Sage.
You will provide support to the UK and Australian Payroll process.
You will assist the support team when required to help our customers operate ClubWise correctly to order to help them output appropriate information for the financial reporting of their business.
You will provide Input to the Development and Release team in respect of system changes relating to finance
You will support the finance manager with the submission of monthly management KPI measurements and actively maintain the finance QMS and document repositories as per company policy.
- At least three years’ experience in a supervisory role
- At least three years’ relevant experience in a finance role
- Working knowledge of sage or similar accounts packages
- Excellent record keeping, organizational skills and attention to detail
- Good analytical, numerical reasoning and problem solving skills
- Excellent organisational, time management and prioritisation skills
- Experience in Credit Controlling
- Ability to provide support, guidance and training to financial and non-financial personnel
- Ability to work to deadlines with good prioritization and time management skills
- Knowledge of the Direct Debit process from all perspectives
- Experience of multi-currency accounting
- Good interpersonal skills
- Advanced user level in MS Office
- An interest or experience in the health and fitness industry
- Working towards an accounting qualification (AAT/ACA/ACCA)
- Previous experience working in a BACS Bureau
- Be up to date with relevant changes in FCA Compliance and ISO27001.
- Be competent in mandatory FCA Compliance modules
- Previous experience in credit control